Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

Hello, I have a utility pole in my backyard I never thought anything of it until recently its rotting and leaning to the side I called Verizon which indeed sent a team to look at this morning they said definitely needs replacing but to my surprise has informed me that their Engineers will be coming out to look at but I have to agree for another pole to be erected at the side of the old pole in my yard because it may have been grandfathered into my deed. I have my deed and there is no such thing. What steps should I take?

Asked on 6/29/15, 2:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

kevin connolly Kevin J. Connolly

There may be a recorded easement. Or verizon may be a trespasser. You might need a lawyer to figure this out but it should not cost more that $250 to find out.

Read more
Answered on 7/10/15, 6:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York