Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

If verbally abusive spouse not contributing financially to home can I change locks? Stopped giving money for food (we have 2 children in home) in Feb 2013. Live in Brooklyn, NY.

Asked on 6/08/13, 9:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daniel Scott Daniel U. Scott, Esq.

No. You can only change the lock after being awarded sole use of the home by a legal separation or divorce order.

Read more
Answered on 6/08/13, 9:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York