Legal Question in Securities Law in New York

I invested money with a friends dad who said he had a great investment opportunity in a safe,liquid, and well above average returns with a hedge fund. after a few years the statements and k-1 forms stopped. at some point i was told the money invested was no longer in the hedge fund but it was now invested in a south america timber co. upon do some research i found out this company was highly suspect. i never gave my friends dad permission to change from the original investment. i can't seem to get any answers to my questions and they fail to return my emails and calls. what do i do????

Asked on 2/18/13, 11:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Roman Fichman Esq. Law Practice of Roman Fichman Esq.

Unfortunately this is not a question that can be properly addressed and resolved on a website. You should contact a securities attorney as soon as possible.

I can refer you to a colleague of mine. Feel free to contact my office at your earliest convenience.

Roman R. Fichman, Esq. │ @TheLegalist

email: Info (@) TheLegalist (dot) com

t e l : 2 1 2 -- 3 3 7 -- 9 8 3 7

Disclaimer: This post has been written for educational purposes only and was not meant to be legal advice and should not be construed as legal advice or be relied upon. No intention exists to create an attorney-client relationship or any other special relationship or privilege through this post. The post may contain errors, inaccuracies and/or omissions. You should always consult an attorney admitted to practice in your jurisdiction for specific advice. This post may be deemed as Attorney Advertising.

Read more
Answered on 2/18/13, 2:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Securities Law questions and answers in New York