Legal Question in Securities Law in New York

Transfer (as gift) of private company stock from one family member to other. New York exemption. Filing with NY State agency as a transferor

Asked on 2/05/19, 9:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Roman Fichman Esq. Law Practice of Roman Fichman Esq.

What is the question?

Issues to consider: is the stock properly valued (FMV)? What are the relations between the family members? Will the receiving family member will also work at the company? Have the corporate formalities and any stock transfer restrictions been properly addressed?

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions

Roman R. Fichman, Esq. │ @TheLegalist

email: Info (@) TheLegalists (dot) com

Disclaimer: This post has been written for educational purposes only and was not meant to be legal advice and should not be construed as legal advice or be relied upon. No intention exists to create an attorney-client relationship or any other special relationship or privilege through this post. The post may contain errors, inaccuracies and/or omissions. You should always consult an attorney admitted to practice in your jurisdiction for specific advice. This post may be deemed as Attorney Advertising.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE: To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any matters addressed herein.

Read more
Answered on 2/05/19, 9:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Securities Law questions and answers in New York