Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in New York

I dated this guy like 2 months. During that time I started to realize he had another side and just decided to leave. Now he decides he wants to hold some video that i do not even know about or even really sure he has against me. i don"t want to see him and ignore his txt and phone numbers. this causes him to get really mad and threating to put the video on the internet. it has now also built up to physical threats but i dont want to get the police involved. advice would be wonderful. PLEASE HELP!

Asked on 7/11/12, 8:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jason Stern Law Offices of Jason Stern

A lawyer cannot protect you or stop the harassment, but the police can. Please contact the police department and let them assist you. If the situation warrants it, the police can refer you to the district attorney and help you obtain an Order of Protection (OOP).

Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 7/20/12, 2:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in New York