Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in New York

I was with a guy 8 yrs ago and during an argument he got really upset and raped me. Would i be able to press charges against him if i wanted to do it now?

Asked on 1/09/11, 7:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Locksley Wade Law Office of Locksley O. Wade

There is no limit for filing such as charge; however, it is up to the local District Attorney to prosecute this criminal charges. There is, however, a five-year statute of limitations for a civil charge (money damages).

Read more
Answered on 1/14/11, 8:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in New York