Legal Question in Tax Law in New York

I recently moved from one town to another in 2020, but still stayed in NY. To update my permanent address I am required to complete a new IT-2104 (2021) form. I am married filing jointly, both of us work and have 2 children under the age of 17. Am I answering the following question correctly?

Total # of allowances you are claiming for NYS and Yonkers - I put '0' I want the max taxes taken out so I do not owe during tax time. Thank you.

Asked on 2/12/21, 8:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Walter LeVine Walter D. LeVine, Esq.

Claiming "0" should maximize withholding. However, if your spouse does not make a similar adjustment, this might not work, so be sure that both of you make the maximum deduction..

Read more
Answered on 2/12/21, 2:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in New York