Legal Question in Traffic Law in New York

2 years ago I moved to Connecticut from NY. My car has since been registered in CT and my NY plate was surrendered. I kept my old NY registration on my windshield for sentimental reasons. My car has 2 CT plates, front and back. Last week, I was given 2 tickets in NY for not registering my car!!! The agent realized his mistake and did write down my CT plate number on the 2nd ticket. The ticketing office now claims they have no way to void the tickets... I have to appear in front of a judge to plead not guilty. It is a long drive for me to get to that local NY court... since the car plate in question does not exist.... what could happen if I ignore it and just get on with my life? Thank you!

Asked on 12/18/17, 12:31 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glenn Kurtzrock Law Office of Glenn Kurtzrock

You can hire a local traffic attorney to handle the case for you and you wouldn't have to appear personally. I wouldn't recommend just ignoring it, it could have repercussions on your license.

Read more
Answered on 12/18/17, 12:45 pm
Zev Goldstein Law Office of Zev Goldstein PLLC

Being that there are no points for parking tickets, you may just want to pay them.

Where are these tickets filed?

Read more
Answered on 12/18/17, 1:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in New York