Legal Question in Traffic Law in New York

Speeding ticket ny 1180b

I recieved a ticket for going 80 in a 55 in ny by a NYS trooper, the sub-section is 1180b, I am pennsylvania licensed, and would rather not drive 4 hours back to fight this, IF I plead guilty will points transfer to my pennsylvania license or will it just be a fine???

Asked on 9/26/07, 12:42 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Traffic Lawyer Matthew Weiss - Weiss & Associates, PC

Re: Speeding ticket ny 1180b

Hope the below helps. Call me if you have any questions, or email us through our web site at

Although reported to PA DOT, minor traffic offenses such as speeding, red light, stop sign, etc., will NOT appear on your driving record, unless you are a CDL holder. Points will NOT be assessed to your PA driving record when convicted of a point related offense in a DLC member state. See

Read more
Answered on 9/26/07, 1:07 pm

Robert Evans Robert S. Evans esq.

Re: Speeding ticket ny 1180b

Some states have reciprocal point systems,I'm not sure about PA..I know that some jurisdictions in NYS allow appearance of respondent's by attorney without a personal appearance. I don't know from your inquiry where the violation took place and therefore can not offer a specific answer. I am a former Traffic Court Judge and you may contact my office @7188340087 for a free phone consultation.l

Read more
Answered on 9/26/07, 5:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in New York