Legal Question in Traffic Law in New York

speeding ticket?

I got pull over on new york thruway by upstate tropper doing 90 on 65 zone, MY licence is from sate of N.C and it's a C.DL

Asked on 7/06/09, 2:22 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Traffic Lawyer Matthew Weiss - Weiss & Associates, PC

Re: speeding ticket?

Under General Statute 20-16(a)(10) and 20-23 for speeding over 75 mph out-of-state (or 17 mph or higher) NC licensees can be suspended. This means a NC motorist will be suspended for any NY conviction of speeding 76 mph (or higher) or a speeding ticket which charges a speed in excess of 17 mph over the limit. Convictions occurring outside North Carolina can result in your license being suspended or revoked just as if the violations occurred in this state. See

Therefore,I strongly recommend that you retain a New York traffic attorney to defend you from this ticket (especially given that you have a CDL).

We can help if you want. Feel free to call me at [email protected] or visit our web site at

Thanks Matthew Weiss

Read more
Answered on 7/06/09, 2:29 pm

Robert Evans Robert S. Evans esq.

Re: speeding ticket?

A NY conviction of this nature will affect your N C license as well as your CDL. To insure that you retain both I strongly suggest you retain a competent NY attorney.

Read more
Answered on 7/06/09, 5:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in New York