Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

How would I go about getting a birth certificate for a missing person?

Details: My dad (listed on my birth certificate) has been missing for 28.5 years. He has made no contact with anyone since then.

Asked on 5/04/18, 10:50 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

As you know there’s a difference between someone who has been missing for 28 years and someone who walked away from their family. In any event it’s a very difficult task to get someone’s birth certificate. I would start with calling the office where those records are kept the county where dad was born is really where you need to start calling and maybe visit and explain the situation and see what they have to say. Have you tried searching through and other public resources to try and track down your dad such as census records and voter registration records another publicly available information ?

Read more
Answered on 5/06/18, 10:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York