Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

My brother in the Syracuse NY area is a co-trustee for our family estate, has invested all of the funds in the trust account in a single stock and has leveraged the transaction with a large amount of margin debt without the other co-trustee's approval. He refuses to make any changes in the account and has told us he makes all the decisions. What do you recommend?

Asked on 2/27/18, 8:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

I would file a Petition alleging breach of fiduciary duty and ask the court to order the fiduciary to account, and possibly for removal. You'll need a lawyer you can't do this by yourself.

Read more
Answered on 2/27/18, 9:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York