Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

Deceased brother had an injury suit pending. as administrator i settled. attorney deposit check and is writing another one to the estate. do i have to file for a tax id? check is under $1500

Asked on 8/07/18, 3:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

You're going to have to deposit the check into a bank account in the name of the estate, and to open the bank account the bank is going to want a tax id number for the estate. So the answer to your question is yes.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 8/07/18, 3:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York