Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

I am an executor for the will and small estate, including a house for a recently deceased famlily member. I developed the will and living estate based on LawGuru. Shall I now hire a realestate or other attorney to work with me though the execution of the will/house sale for the family or do it alone as I have been?

Asked on 8/31/13, 7:34 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Arnold Nager Arnold H. Nager, Esquire

You can have an attorney experienced in real estate matters assist you by drafting a contract appropriate to your needs and drafting all required closing documents for about $1250. You could also do it yourself and possibly make a mistake costing thousands of dollars and exposing you to potential lawsuits. You deciide.

By the way, have you attempted brain surgery yet? Let me know how that turns out.

Read more
Answered on 8/31/13, 8:30 am

Juliet Gavriel The Law offices of Juliet Gavriel, Esq

It is possible to do it yourself. However, you will most probably stumble on many unknowns and make costly mistakes. Your best course of action is to hire an attorney to guide you most expediently and problem free.

Read more
Answered on 9/03/13, 6:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York