Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

my father passed in the executrix o dads will. the lawyer I hired cheated me out of a lot of moneyafter 20,000, I had to let him go, however I want to sell this house, im over 70yrs old and want to move on. my 2 sibblings wont even talk to me sionce dad died and left the last will and testament, my lawyer did get me the testamentary papers for me, my 2 sibblings have been ducking the court and my lawyers sever since, the house is run down terribly, from the basement to the front porch. I want to sell this house even tho they wont signthe deed over to me, im I need them to sign anything before I try and sell this house, or can I hire a lawyer to sell this house for me, being I have the letters testamentary by the court the judge signed, it been its been 8 yrs, my sibblings down stairs, I live upstairs.. I need help.I Had this letters testamentary for 8 yrs, being no one wants to cooperate me, im ready to sell this house thank you for the help, is this letters of testamentary still good , its been 8yurs....thanks joeann

Asked on 6/11/18, 5:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your father.

It's unfortunate that you've had a hard time with your dad's estate. It's very sad that you are estranged from your siblings. This happens a lot when someone dies, and it is very sad. You have to follow the Will, and as executor you have the authority to make sure the Will is followed. I cannot advise you much more without seeing the Will. If you send me a copy of the Will and your Letters Testamentary I will try to help you.

Once again, please accept my condolences on the loss of your father.

Please call me tomorrow.

Richard Bryan, Esq.

212 979-2868

Read more
Answered on 6/11/18, 7:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York