Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

When your not happy with your trust esq. and ask him to step down,and he is says no u can't fire me!What should I do next? 😊

Asked on 1/18/21, 4:03 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Did he explain why you can't? Hope you have all the documents.

Read more
Answered on 1/18/21, 5:36 pm
Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

In this situation it seems to me you are a beneficiary of a trust where an attorney is the trustee. If that's so, then you can't fire him. You're not a client.

If in fact I have guessed the correct situation, what you can do as beneficiary is file papers in the Surrogate's Court which has jurisdiction over the trust and let the judge know why you are unhappy with the lawyer/trustee and ask for a hearing. Almost certainly you're not going to get the trustee removed, but you may get closer to getting what it is that you want.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 1/18/21, 8:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York