Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

One of three heirs to a home has moved into it and refuses to move out and sell. What is our legal recourse? It has been two years since my father in law has died and we would like to put this issue behind us. We would like to put the sale proceeds toward a house down payment. Her boyfriend has moved in and is renting his home to pay his mortgage. It seems they are profiting from our portion of the inheritance. Thank you for any advice you can offer.

Asked on 10/05/17, 5:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

You’re not going to solve this problem with free advice over the Internet. It’s too complicated. Make an appointment with a lawyer soon as you can.

Read more
Answered on 10/05/17, 5:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York