Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

If I paid 625.00 to probate a will based on the total estate amount being between 200,000-500,000 but now the total estate is over 500,000, do I need to refile probate paperwork or can I just pay the difference to the surrogate court. Also when can I pay the difference ( which will be 625.00)? Can I attach the check payment 625.00 with the inventory of assets? Thank you.

Asked on 10/03/21, 7:09 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

Yes, you can pay the difference when you mail in the Inventory.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/21, 7:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York