Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

We are going to probate for my mother's estate. My brother won't sign the forms to make me the executor how do we get around this .

Asked on 10/14/20, 7:49 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Requires a Court hearing.

Read more
Answered on 10/14/20, 8:09 am
Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

You'll need to have the court issue a Citation, which gives your brother a date by which he has to speak up and object, or he forfeits the right to do so.

Read more
Answered on 10/14/20, 10:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York