Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York


How can I proceed as a poor person in the Nassau, NY Surrogate? I'm not an attorney, and I haven't been able to defer a retainer pending HELOC.

(1) Is there a form?

(2) Should I make a motion in Civil Court?

(3) Should I allow myself to be eaten alive by property flippers?

Asked on 9/21/17, 2:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

I don't know if there's a rule allowing someone to petition for the probate of a will without paying the filing fees. Call the probate department at the Surrogate's Court and they'll tell you.

Read more
Answered on 10/04/17, 1:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York