Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

I’d like for my son to automatically own our house when my husband and I are gone. I don’t want the house to go through probate.Right now, mine and my husband’s name are on the deed. We own the house. The mortgage is paid. How do I change the deed? Thank you

Asked on 6/28/20, 3:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

The owners sign a deed conveying the property to all (3) owners and filing with the county clerk./ If you want to avoid probate you add "jointly, with right of survivorship". Understand, all owners would now be subject to claims of creditors.

Read more
Answered on 6/28/20, 3:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York