Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

What are the steps to take to amend my grand father's *already* amended birth certificate to correct his parent's names? He was born in CT in 1913. Vital Records says to use a "legal name change doc" and do so in probate court. No courts I called seem to have the answer. I live in NYC.

Asked on 6/11/13, 8:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Walter LeVine Walter D. LeVine, Esq.

I could find nothing specific on CT, but here is a link to an interesting CA phamplet that might help you, at least as to the procedure.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/13, 1:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York