Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

I’m waiting to disperse funds from a wrongful death suit. My attorneys PA has made countless errors. After filing with surrogates court in December she tells me last week she needs to send a citation to social services. With all her past errors I’m wondering if there’s a quicker way to resolve this that she’s not taking

Asked on 2/06/20, 3:04 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

Probably not. Probate cases can take at a minimum a few months to settle. If a citation needs to go out to the Department of Social Services it would seem to me this probate case is unusual and not a lot of lawyers would have experience in this particular aspect of getting a probate case settled. There are lots of moving pieces in a probate case, sometimes, and for that reason it's not so unusual for a lawyer to make a minor mistake here or there which holds the case up. Nobody's perfect.

Read more
Answered on 2/07/20, 5:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York