Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Nigeria


How do I sue for a scam that has caused emotional harm?

Asked on 2/09/07, 1:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elizabeth Powell ELizabeth Powell PS Inc

Re: scams

Start by filing a complaint with the State Attorney general. See what their response is to your issue.

There is a rule observed here called the "economic loss rule" that can limit damages for emotional distress.

But as I have no idea what your facts are, I don't know if it would apply.

Hope that helps. Powell

Read more
Answered on 2/09/07, 1:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Nigeria