Legal Question in Real Estate Law in North Carolina

real estate contract

I have a signed contract to purchase some real estate this friday. The seller called today and wants says he is not going to sell. There is no ''escape'' clauses in the contract or contingencies like financing, etd. what is my recourse.

Asked on 4/16/08, 9:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Elliott Elliott Law Firm, PC

Re: real estate contract

Assuming that you are correct in your assertions that there are no unresolved conditions to closing, your only recourse is to sue him and seek specific performance. Specifc Performance is a remedy whereby the court would enter an order compelling forcing him to sell to you.

Read more
Answered on 4/16/08, 9:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in North Carolina