Legal Question in Real Estate Law in North Carolina

We have unclaimed property with the state that states it is real property proceeds and the holder is Mecklenburg County CSC. I need to know what steps we need to take to obtain the money. I sought advice before but no one would ever give me an answer. I guess I really need to know if we even have a chance of getting the money? We obtained our other property with no problem but we have a problem obtaining this and its a good sum. Can you tell me if we need a lawyer and what kind or is this something we can handle on our own with the proper paper work?

Any assistance or guidance is appreciated. We really can use the money.

Asked on 10/20/09, 11:38 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jeff Rosner Rosner Law Firm P.A.

More details would be needed - I would suggest speaking with an attorney - it is probably something where you will need to file a petition with the Clerk of Court.

Read more
Answered on 10/25/09, 1:09 pm
Michael Elliott Elliott Law Firm, PC

There is a specific reason that the funds are being held by the Clerk. Since they are, you will most likely have to petition the Clerk for the release of the money. Since you indicate that it is a significant amount, I would advise engaging an attorney to assist you.

Read more
Answered on 10/25/09, 10:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in North Carolina