Legal Question in Disability Law in North Carolina

Have a disability that has been recognized by my with intermediate disability. Yet if it flares up to where I can not work, I get made fun of, disciplined, and I get no pay. What are my options in North Carolina Employment Law?

Asked on 8/10/13, 5:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

Im not quite sure of what you are asking, but I will give you this.

1. If you are unable to work, you need to apply for social security disability.

2. If you are able to work except for times when your condition gets worse, then you need to find a job that you can work based on your condition. From there, your employer must take reasonable steps to accommodate your condition. The key word is reasonable, they have to try and work with you but are not required to take extreme steps to help you.

Read more
Answered on 8/13/13, 9:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in North Carolina