Legal Question in Administrative Law in North Carolina

My father passed 2 months ago and we just received a check from the Insurance company with his name on it. His bank account is closed. How are we able to cash or deposit check?

Asked on 6/13/13, 8:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Kirby Law Offices of John M. Kirby

As a general matter, the best procedure would probably be to set up an Estate (if not done already) and have the funds paid into the Estate. This would depend, however, on several variables, such as the type of insurance at issue, and the nature of the claim. You might need to consult with a lawyer in your area for more guidance.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/13, 8:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in North Carolina