Legal Question in Administrative Law in North Carolina


my hisband died 2-25-2009, he and his brother had inherited a house we all use as a vacation home, is this house mine and his brothers,since he had no will or does my sharego over to be divided with his 3 childrenby a previous marriage? In VA. I am the administrator of his estate.

Asked on 4/07/09, 7:50 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Re: house

Of your one half (undivided)interest in the whole, (the surviving brother would have the other half),

you would apparently be entitled to one third of this interest with your deceased husband's three children from a previous marriage receiving the other two thirds(of the half interest), per Va. Code Sec. 64.1-1.

Read more
Answered on 4/07/09, 10:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in North Carolina