Legal Question in Administrative Law in North Carolina

Process Agent? Need quick answer :-)

Hi. I work for a lawyer and am very new to the legal system. I didn't get a chance to ask about it, but I was told that I was needed to be a Resident Process Agent b/c my boss lives in a different state and I live in the same state as the estate that we are working on.

Could you please tell me what this means? I had to fill out a form ''Application for Resident Process Agent.''


Asked on 12/16/03, 1:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

MIchael Lewis Lewis & Daggett, Attorneys at Law

Re: Process Agent? Need quick answer :-)

it simply means that you are agreeing to act as the person who can be legally served with court papers in regard to any claims or issues involving the estate and that you will be responsible for notifying the estate of any such claims, etc. You would have an obligation to keep the clerk's office notified of any change of address on your part.

Read more
Answered on 12/16/03, 3:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in North Carolina