Legal Question in Business Law in North Carolina

Can a customer stop payment on a check in NC for services rendered? What can the business owner do if this has been done?

Asked on 5/29/13, 2:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

The business owner can sue for money owed and damages such as the returned check fee. The consumer can do this but better have a legitimate reason to do so or it is potentially criminal.

Read more
Answered on 5/29/13, 12:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in North Carolina