Legal Question in Business Law in North Carolina

I have a small claim against me in massachutets I live in North Carolina will North Carolina support that if I lose in mass small claims

Asked on 6/22/21, 9:50 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Kirby Law Offices of John M. Kirby

If they get a judgment against you in Massachusetts, then there is a process they can use to bring that to North Carolina and file it here. So the Massachusetts judgment may not be enforceable against you in North Carolina, but if they want to push it, they can "domesticate" that judgment in North Carolina and then follow the North Carolina collection laws.

Read more
Answered on 6/23/21, 6:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in North Carolina