Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in North Carolina

my name is Mike I was locked up for three months I was charge with arm robbery with a dangerous weapon they accuse me of Robin an individual at a gas station in the middle of the day but the whole time there's a video camera that I told detective and ask him have he reviewed it yet at this point I'm already in handcuffs locked up.... he asked me why I should he believe me over the guy that said I robbed him when he know him personally so we go back and forth but at the end I spend three months in jail I pay to get out of jail a bails bond 5,000 I got beat up and they move me like this second third date that I was in jail my life has been ruined over a lie and on unproper procedure of the police department waking up every morning no on that you haven't did anything I had a newborn baby add to Tom and broke my relationship up with my fiance but the thing that really hurt me the most was my father died while I was locked up on false information they put my name all in the local newspaper on the news for Robin I can even get a job right now my character has been demolished people now look at me as a robber as a thug as someone they don't want to do business with over one simple lie I loss my fiance I loss my little girl I lost everything she didn't want no rubber sheet and won't my little girl to be around a robber I need help I want to get my money back that I spent to get out of jail I want to get some type of compensation for getting beat up but I want them but I want them to give me something for missing my daddy funeral you can never replace that situation I just wanted to see him before they put him in the ground. somebody help me

Asked on 4/08/13, 2:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

First, if you were acquitted or not formally charged, you may have claims. If you were convicted, it is unlikely you have any claims. You need to speak to a criminal defense attorney who is well versed in criminal procedure to see what claims you may have.

Read more
Answered on 4/10/13, 1:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in North Carolina