Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in North Carolina

Sex for a Car?

I am wondering how do I go about pursuing someone (in a legal way) for making sexual advances towards me when I was trying to purchase a car, for 2 days in an a row this salesman made very lewd and disgusting comments towards me to me. What can I do?

Asked on 10/13/04, 11:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Kirby Law Offices of John M. Kirby

Re: Sex for a Car?

Lewd and disgusting comments are indeed improper and perhaps immoral, at least when they are unwanted. Unfortunately, a person generally cannot sue for such comments, even in a commercial setting. (It's different in an employment situation.) So, the reality is that you probably have no remedy, except to look for a car elsewhere, and if appropriate report this person to his boss (if any). (Maybe the BBB would take such a complaint.) (Perhaps your return the second day was some encouragement to the salesman...)

Read more
Answered on 10/13/04, 8:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in North Carolina