Legal Question in Construction Law in North Carolina

Unpaid for services renderd

I was hired by a lady to remodel her bathroom. I am a handy man not a contractor. I never claimed to be licensed. She decided to have somebody else complete the job I started. This was not because I didn't go to work, they were there my next day when I returned. I was not working fast enough for her. I have no crew or business it was just me, and she knew it would take me about 2 weeks from the get go. She agreed to pay me for the services performed, told me a check was on its way, and then a week later changed her mind when I called to make sure it had been mailed out. Is there anything i can do?

Asked on 5/01/09, 1:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Kirby Law Offices of John M. Kirby

Re: Unpaid for services renderd

For that type of work, you probably do not need a license. You have a claim against her, and you can probably file a lien against her property (if you file the paperwork in time). You may want to start looking into this immediately, and you should probably contact an attorney in your area to discuss your options.

Read more
Answered on 5/01/09, 7:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in North Carolina