Legal Question in Consumer Law in North Carolina

I have a 2003 Volkwagen Beetle turbo with the tiptronic transmission. My car recently started hard shifting and jerking me around. I called VW and they said that there was a default in that transmission and in 2007 VW allowed owners to get the issue wasnt a recall just a mistake. well i didnt own my car then and had no idea of the issue. its obvious my car wasnt fixed aand since its mine and they are aware why wont they fix it? now its tore up for ggod. left my 6 year old and i stuck onthe highway in 90 degre weather. i only want my car fixed nothing else from them

Asked on 6/05/13, 4:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

You need to contact an attorney who specializes in products liability or warranty law. Typically there are two kinds of "fixes" auto makers do.

First, is the recall, where they discover a serious flaw and either repair or place the broken part and there are federal agencies that require these recalls.

Second, is the voluntary fix. This usually happens when they discover the problem is happening to a smaller percentage of vehicles. There is no requirement that the product be fixed, and they do it as a good business practice. The problem with this "fix" is that it is voluntary and can end at any time.

You will need representation from an attorney experienced in this field to see if you are entitled to a repair.

Read more
Answered on 6/05/13, 5:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in North Carolina