Legal Question in Consumer Law in North Carolina

Our company stopped payment on a check to an employee that was getting fired for sales travel expenses that we realized were not valid after cutting the check. We informed the employee of it and why without any confirmation or response from him. Almost 3 weeks later, he cashed (not deposited) the check at a local bank in Virginia. Now the bank has filed for and gotten judgements on our company and the former employee. Is this possible?

Asked on 4/25/13, 6:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

I don't see how the bank got a judgment against you. Did you get served with the initial lawsuit. Unfortunately, you will need to speak to a Virginia attorney if a lawsuit was filed in Virginia as the laws there are different than they were in NC.

Read more
Answered on 4/25/13, 7:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in North Carolina