Legal Question in Consumer Law in North Carolina

While I was eating I found a piece of hair fried in my cheese stick what should I do

Asked on 11/15/12, 11:09 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

I would contact an attorney who handles personal injury law. You have what is called a products liability claim- a claim for when a product is defective or harmful. Unfortunately, you will need to show damaged (how you were harmed) to recover anything from the company.

I would guess that most if not all personal injury attorneys would decline to take the case unless you coudl show that you had medical bills or other financial harm due to the hair. You may be well served by calling the company and telling them what you found. Many times the company will compensate you to avoid the publicity. Make sure you keep the cheese stick, the hair, and the packaging sot hat they can track where it was packed and perhaps who did it to find the problem.

There is a lot of fraud in this area of law, so make sure you keep documentation and hopefull you have the items I just listed above.

Read more
Answered on 12/06/12, 4:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in North Carolina