Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in North Carolina

I have received an order granting judgement on one of my credit cards. I fought this previously and won in November that they could not prove that I owed the debt to this collector. The judgement is with the junk debt collector that bought my debt and not the acutual original creditor. They recently went back to court and the decision was reversed. What are my options with this situation? It is showing if I do not make payment arrangements they will issue execution. I live in NC. Thank you for any help you can give me with this issue

Asked on 3/07/13, 8:10 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

Speak to an attorney that handles debt collection ASAP. There may be avenues you can take, but time is limited to try them.

Read more
Answered on 3/07/13, 11:49 am

I don't know how you fought this or why it was reversed but if you do not resolve it then you are going to have to pay.

If you have a strong case, maybe you wish to spend money on an appeal. Depends on how much is owed, but you also may want to consider bankruptcy.

Depends also on what assets you have and on your ability to pay now or in the future - maybe it makes sense to do nothing, file your exemptions and save up.

Payment plans are usually not a good idea.

I do not know where you are located, but if you want to review your situation in confidence and are looking to resolve this in a non-litigation non-bankruptcy context, please contact me at [email protected]

I charge - $50 to review up to 10 pages of documents

$50 for a 30 minute phone consult.

$150 to resolve a debt provided that you have funds to do that.

$50 to review exemptions with you.

Read more
Answered on 3/07/13, 2:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in North Carolina