Legal Question in Criminal Law in North Carolina

I am 15 my boyfriend is 22. He just got arrested for statutory rape. I was 15 and he was 21 when we startee. What can I do to help him??

Asked on 8/10/13, 6:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

There is nothing you can do for him, but hope for the best. The age of consent in NC is 16, which you have not reached yet. Unfortunately, he has committed statutory rape. One way you can help is by not posting anymore information about this situation online, whether on social media sites or on here. You would be surprised how police can find this information and you have essentially admitted he committed a crime. I suspect your parents found out and pressed charges.

Read more
Answered on 8/11/13, 5:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in North Carolina