Legal Question in Criminal Law in North Carolina

Prayer for judgement

I am going to court for obtaining property under false pretense. Their was a check issued by an insurance company to me but it should have been for my sister. I cashed the check b/c I thought it was injury money for me as I was the one in the accident but the car belonged to my sister. I later found out the check was for my sisters car. The insurance company stopped payment on the check after I had cashed it. I would like to know if I can ask for a prayer for judgement so that I will not have a felony on my record b/c it was a mistake and I am a student. The felony could have me kicked out of school. I want to accept responsibiity but have it reduced to a lesser charge.

Asked on 3/06/05, 4:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Burch Burch Law Office

Re: Prayer for judgement

under the facts you present, I think you are an excellent candidate for a PJC, assuming the DA is unwilling to dismiss the charge outright. If no other arrests or convictions, it may be worthwhile to investigate whether you are eligible for an expunction/expungment since you are a student and will likely be entering the workforce soon. Feel free to call if you would like any help. I am only 30 minutes away and would be happy to provide some assistance.

Read more
Answered on 3/07/05, 9:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in North Carolina