Legal Question in Criminal Law in North Carolina

Can i be subpoenaed as a non party in a criminal case in Pennsylvania if i Recently moved 600 miles away to Raleigh North Carolina? I have No job, No Car, No money, and no means to travel that far by my self. I reported a crime to the police that was reported to me and i don't want to be anymore involved if i don't have to. I need information.

Asked on 9/03/13, 2:59 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

You need to contact the DA that issued the subpoena and explain your circumstances.

Read more
Answered on 9/03/13, 6:34 pm

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

Yes, you can be subpoenaed. As Mr. Love says, your best bet is to contact whoever issued the subpoena and explain your situation. They may consider relieving you of your obligation to appear or if your testimony is important enough they may provide you with transportation / lodging. Do not simply ignore the subpoena or you may be making the trip to Pennsylvania in the back of a deputy sheriff's car. It's not real comfortable back there and often stinks!

Read more
Answered on 9/03/13, 9:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in North Carolina