Legal Question in Criminal Law in North Carolina

Hello, I was ticketed for going 83 in 70 in Dinwiddie, VA. I only had 1 speed ticket in 10 years. Do I have to get a lawyer or what is the likelihood of getting a dismissal/ reduction if I represent myself?

Thanks, George

Asked on 12/08/17, 8:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

You need to consult with a VA traffic attorney. There is no question it would be better to hire a traffic attorney but if VA is like NC, the odds of getting a reduction representing yourself are probably pretty good but an outright dismissal ain't likely.

Read more
Answered on 12/08/17, 10:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in North Carolina