What are the usual ramifications of a underage possession and consumption of alcohol charge in North Carolina?
1 Answer from Attorneys
You would need to consult a local criminal attorney in the county you were charged in. The outcome of a case like this depends on many factors - here are several of them:
- who the ADA and judge are,
- whether this is your first offense or not,
- what your prior record is,
- whether you were polite to the arresting officer or a jerk,
- how old you were at the time of the offense,
- what you wear to court and how you conduct yourself at court
In some districts you may be allowed to earn a dismissal or a PJC by doing a bit of community service. The charge does carry the potential for jail time however, for most people, the worst you are usually facing is court cost and a fine.