Legal Question in DUI Law in North Carolina


My girlfriends license was revoked because another woman was involved in a accident while driving while under the influence. The other woman has been arrested and is in jail. My question is how my girlfriend would go about rectifying this situation? I would think she could go to court and have this other woman and the issuing officer subpoenaed?

Asked on 1/13/12, 4:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

This is not possible unless the 'other woman' improperly used your girlfriends identity when she was arrested for the DWI. If so, resolving this can range from incredibly easy to an outright nightmare. Your best bet would be to have your girlfriend hire an attorney to reslove this. Also, if this is a case of stolen identity your girlfriend may want to look into the possibility of having criminal charges brought against the 'other woman'. It may be possible for your girlfriend to be reimbursed for her expenses if the 'other woman' is convicted of identity theft.

Read more
Answered on 1/21/12, 7:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in North Carolina