Legal Question in DUI Law in North Carolina

I have the interlock system installed from MD and am planning on moving to NC for 3 months. It will be unreasonable for me to keep going back and forth each month for the interlock system check. What are my other options?

Asked on 5/22/12, 5:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Clarke Dummit Dummit Fradin (Winston-Salem Office)

You will need to check with your home state Division of Motor Vehicle to see what they will allow. We have two approved agencies here in North Carolina, but each State generally has their own approved agencies.

The older agency here in NC is They have had many problems and older equipment. The company Smart Start has just this year been certified, so I do not know how good they are, but I have heard that they are a national company, and your hime state may recognize them as a licensed provider.

If they are approved in your home Sate, it should not be impossible to allow them to check here and report to your home state.

Read more
Answered on 5/25/12, 6:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in North Carolina