Legal Question in DUI Law in North Carolina

I was recently arrested for driving under the influence and under age drinking. What should I do first.

Asked on 2/22/11, 4:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rhett Johnson The Law Office of Rhett H. Johnson

Typically there is a 30 day civil revocation of your driver's license associated with your DWI charge. You do not want to be caught driving during that 30 day revocation. After 30 days, you can pay the $100 revocation fee at the clerk's office and reclaim your driver's license. You may be eligible for a limited driving privilege after the first 10 days, but you should speak to an attorney to determine if you qualify. Other than that, you should contact an attorney who regularly handles DWI offenses in your county and hopefully you'll get an understanding of any defenses that may apply in your case. Good Luck.

Read more
Answered on 2/22/11, 5:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in North Carolina