Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

back child support

I live in Florida. I had a remodification of child support in 2001 from 378 to 719 for my 2 children. Since then, my daughter has gotten in trouble in NC and is now a ward of the state. I am now paying voluntary child support of 571 to NC (which i have no problem paying). My ex-husband currently is not paying support for her. He is military and I continue to receive a check for 706 each month from my home state of FL. Since my daughter is not with me, I send half of the 706 back to him. I am owed back child support from my ex from previous years. Should I be sending this money back to him? Is it my legal right to keep the amout due me until the back child support is paid?

Asked on 12/13/04, 7:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Moses Williams Moses E. Williams, Attorney at Law

Re: back child support

I would need more information to advise you on this legal problem. I am available to consult with you on this case.

Read more
Answered on 12/13/04, 9:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina