Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

My boyfriend and his baby mama are staying together they have a three year old son together he don't wanna be with his baby mama the only reason he with her is because of the child, we are supposed to be getting married but he don't wanna leave his child, I'm really trying to move on but we can't because his baby mama said if he leave her she is taking her son to Florida

Asked on 11/03/13, 5:58 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

I'm sorry but you need to post a question so we can provide an answer. Please re-post with a question that can be answered.

Read more
Answered on 11/03/13, 6:28 pm

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

Your boyfriend need to do two things - get an injunction to keep baby mama from going off to Florida with his baby and he need to file for custody. That be the best way to do it. If your boyfriend is on baby birth certificate as father and there be no court order about custody now he can take his baby and leave if he wants to. That not the best way to do it but it not illegal. Are you sure he want to be with you and not just playing you and baby mama like a player do? If don't leave with his baby and come marry you - you may need to kick him to the curb and move on to a real mans that treat you right.

Read more
Answered on 11/03/13, 8:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina