Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

Boyfriend was contacted by former girlfriend saying he fathered her six year old about five months ago. He has tried to start building a relationship with the the child but the mother wants complete and total control over everything (when he can talk to her, see her, what he can and cannot tell her, she won’t let him have any alone time with the child so he and his other two kids and family can start building their relationships as well). What legal action can he take to get a court order paternity test so he can begin the process to have legal rights to this child?

Asked on 6/22/20, 8:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

When your car breaks down and you aren't a mechanic - you find a mechanic. Likewise, when you have a legal issue and you aren't an attorney - you shop around for an attorney. In this case, a family law attorney. He will want to look in the area where the child lives as that is likely where the action will need to be filed. Best of luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/22/20, 2:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina